Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ra Ra Ga Ga Roma Roma MoMa MoMa


I hate horror but I love twisted plots. I too, have a strange strong and 'depp' connection with Johnny Depp so it goes without surprise that I like the works of Tim Burton.

The moment I heard the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) was having an exhibition on his works, I jumped at that opportunity like a 40 year old virgin on a drunken chick. 

I paid for my tickets online and headed to the MoMa, giddy with glee. Nothing excites me more than to see original artworks and sketches from Tim Burton himself. Not to mention props from his movies. So imagine my disappointment when I arrived at the entrance with a big slap on my face.

No Photography

Those words are just as bad as fuck you

So I walked around and immersed myself in his mind and works. Though it was only a small section, it was still mind blowing. But do you know what would have been more mind blowing? Photos.

Once that was done, I proceeded to other exhibitions. Most 'collections' prohibited photography while the regular items on display were fine. So here I am, walking into another series of the MoMA's collection of the month, enjoying what I do not fathom but feign intelligence when a security guard walks up to me and says 

No Photography

He might as well have just said fuck you.

For there I was, walking alone, minding my own business. Yes, I might have a camera in one hand but that's because my camera is too big to fit into my dainty purse that goes with my short arms. Of course I had to lug it around with me, what the fuck do you expect me to do when half your gallery allows photography and the other does not? Fact is, I was not taking a picture. I know better because I know how to read. Even if I didn't, there are pictures. Unless you catch me in the act, I do not expect you to reprimand me. Why, just because I own a device that automatically means I will use it? It's just like if I were to go up to him and say

Please don't rape me.


No comments:

Post a Comment